Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10 months....

Today marks 10 months until I finish my PC service and come home.  I definitely have a countdown - I CAN'T WAIT to be home - but I'm also using my countdown to remind me how little time I have left here and how much I still want to do.  And I truly believe I CAN and WILL do it.

One of my friends has a tradition (for lack of a better word) that I have adopted.  As each month ticks by, on the 11th, we drink a glass (or bottle) of wine to celebrate. And it really is a celebration of our accomplishments, what we have left to do, and that glorious moment when we get on the plane to go home.

And so, as I drink my celebratory wine...

To my friends and family in America - see you in 10 months! Inshallah.

To my friends and fellow volunteers here in the AZ - congratulations! We've accomplished a lot - and we have much yet to do. I am proud to be here, doing what we do, with each and every one of you. Mubarek 10 months!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Ten months? Good to know. I am starting plans for your return. The list of things we need to do is going to be quite long!

Kate said...

Woo hoo! Flegal family dinner in 10 months! (Can you hear Dad's Great Sigh?)

Love you and hey!
Kate

Jesse and Carolyn said...

Wow!!! Ten MONTHS!! I can't believe it, Jane! I so, SO wish we were there with you guys to drink wine and celebrate. I will be really sad when you guys have COS. :(

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Steve S said...

Mubarek indeed! Can't believe it's just ten months now -- wow.