Saturday, August 4, 2007

AzerbaiJane's Thought for the Day

Does anyone remember Jack Handy's Deep Thoughts? Well, here is my attempt - not nearly as witty as Jack's, but, then, I don't have the SNL staff writing for me. Mine are merely interesting things, challenges, etc. that I have encountered. Here's the first...

How do you explain to people who live in a country where an expensive meal costs 1 manat, 50 qepik ( about 2 dollars) and they live on about 5 manat a day, that in America it is really hard to exist on a salary of $30,000 a year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you explain to them that a two-bedroom dwelling can easily set you back between a quarter- and half-million dollars, everything else should fall in to place. More or less :)

Anonymous said...

I think the cost-of-living gap is hard to understand...It's hard for me to understand, and I live here! That $30K sounds like a lot of money until you factor in all the stuff you *have* to pay for.